The Blogger Challenge was to be released on January 10th. I was at a wedding so I didn’t get to post it but better late than never!
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
I launched Confessions of a Rescue Mom on March 11, 2013. Confessions of a Rescue Mom is a go-to resource for all things furry & fuzzy. We post our real life stories, information, feature/spotlight animal shelters & rescues as well as other pet bloggers, authors, businesses and pets. We do pet product reviews, and post about fundraisers.
2. Tell us one thing that you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud?
I was super excited to double 2013’s views on our blog!
3. What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own blogs?
My biggest lesson I learned was patience. I thought it would be easy to make a blog successful but it has been a lot of work. From writing the posts, to doing advertising and keeping up with social media, it is definitely time-consuming.
4. What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?
I find using twitter & facebook seem to be my biggest sites to bring traffic to my blog. I’m just learning how to use instagram & pinterest too!
5. What was your most popular blog post this year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular?
The most popular post I had in 2015 was no surprise to me. Every year Rolo & I put on a big fundraiser and raise money for shelters. On my Birthday (December, 4th) We always announce what our total was and what we ended up doing with the money we raised.
6. What was your favorite blog post to write this year?
I love doing pet product reviews and so does Rolo. So any of the ones we have done are my favorite :)
7. Has your policy on product reviews and/or giveaways changed this year?
Nothing has changed :)
If you do reviews, what do you find works best, and what doesn’t work at all?
I conduct all the reviews the exact same way. We have a set list of criteria that we follow each time. This keeps them all the same and I find it works best.
If you don’t do reviews, is this something you’d like to do more of? What hurdle is getting in your way?
8. What’s your best piece of advice for other bloggers?
Every expert once was a beginner.
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2015?
I would like to increase my followers/viewers in all of my social media accounts linked to our blog.
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
Designing a Logo. I’m having a hard time thinking of what I want to add into it.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
**Thank you for stopping by our blog and I hope you enjoy reading about something we are very passionate about; being animal lovers. If you enjoy our blog be sure to share it with your friends & family and check us out on our other social media pages below:Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rescuemomblog