There is no doubt about it that Rolo loves food! As I was making dinner last night for my husband and I, I decided to make Rolo what we were having too to give him a little change-up from kibble. Homemade shepherds pie, no pun intended! With being a vegetarian myself and my husband not, I always had to make separate ones anyways. The measurements below are for making all three of our meals, one small & one medium-sized meat shepherds pie and then a medium vegetarian (mine only had veggies and potatoes). I also marked Rolo`s with a dog treat R!
• Flour (1 tbsp)
• Ketchup (2 tbsp)
• Corn (1 can)
• Peas & Carrots (I buy the can that has both of them in together)
• Potatoes (5 large)
1. Boil the potatoes & mash when soft
2. Fry up hamburger until fully cooked
3. Preheat oven to 350°
4. Add to the hamburger, ketchup, flour and veggies and mix
5. Scoop the hamburger mixture into an oven friendly bowl and press down
6. Top with mashed potatoes (about an inch thick) and push down to level.
7. Place oven friendly bowl into oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until edges brown on potatoes.
All I can say is, Rolo loved it!!!
**Thank you for stopping by our blog and I hope you enjoy reading about something we are very passionate about; being animal lovers. If you enjoy our blog be sure to share it with your friends & family and check us out on our other social media pages below: